Friday, November 18, 2011

When Miss Piggy stops by for a visit...

Have you seen the movie "Contact"?  In it, it is theorized that beings from other dimensions (or aliens) can take the form that is the most suitable for us to be receptive to their message.  In the movie, the being takes on the form of the main character's father so that she can overcome her fear and listen to the guidance provided. (And if I remember well, he does state that he is not her father but just took on this image, so he's not trying to mislead her).

It is similar in Reiki sessions, or any energy work session where our Crown Chakra and all our senses are open to receive messages from our guides: they take on a form that we can relate to so that we can understand the message on a more personal level.  In this context, it is possible for spirit guides to appear as cartoon characters, animated objects and natural elements which don't normally talk to us in human words.  

And so it was, during my last Reiki session.  Miss Piggy made a house call.  She announced that she is my mentor for this next leg of my journey and proceeded to clear my chakras, Miss Piggy style - full high heels, hair and makeup, and moving things around very decisively.  There's no messing around with her.  She knows what she wants, knows what is needed, and goes for it.  Nothing and no one dare stand in her way.

Well, I was never a big Muppets fan although I appreciate the occasional movie.  But I can certainly relate to the strength of character I need work on.  And I have to admit I am really excited about releasing my inner diva which I have been keeping in check for many years.

Like I often say, borrowing from Forrest Gump, "Reiki is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."  :)

I never thought that opening up to my true self and doing all this Reiki work would lead me to a new business adventure selling 100% vegetal-based, chemical-free, cruelty-free skin care, body care and makeup products...  But I sure am loving it!  I feel alive again, rejuvenated, creative, empowered...  I thought that my spiritual development and all the hard work would lead me to a more austere, spiritual leader kind of life (no fun, but enlightened).  It appears that my lesson is that having fun and living one's passion is part and parcel of being enlightened.  Being spiritual does not mean poo-pooing glamour.  Helping the world and the people of this world feel better about themselves can include life's comforts.  When I shine with my passion, I help raise other people's vibrations much quicker and more effectively than any lecture I could give.

An other lesson to learn is that it's OK to be directive and to work towards concrete goals.   When I know what I want and work to meet that goal, I pave the way for others to follow.  Being directive is also about respecting our own needs, our own path.  It's about taking full responsibility for what happens to us in this life.  It does not exclude compassion and care for others - but if I don't care enough about "moi" as Miss Piggy would say, then how strong will I be to take care of others?

Thanks for the high-heeled kick in the butt, Miss Piggy.

Today, I wore heels, full makeup and got a glam haircut.  And I feel darn good about it too.  :D

Affirmations:
Today, I respect myself and I allow myself to shine.  
Today, I take care of myself - body, mind and spirit. 
Today, I see life as an adventure. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment