Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crown Chakra: Daily Reflection (Aromatherapy)

Aromatherapy enhances the connection of your soul-self with your physical-self. It helps align your personal will with divine will.  Aromatherapy can provide you with an instant feeling of peace - after all, it is the physical sense located the closest to the brain and can quickly alter brain chemistry.

For the Crown Chakra, I enjoy working with incense, mostly sage for clearing, and frankincense for deep spiritual connection.  Incense has been used in spiritual rituals in all major (and minor) religions around the world for thousands of years.  It is believed that the smoke produced from the burning of incense helps rise our prayers to the divine realm.

I also enjoy working with Rosewood essential oil.  Rosewood helps ground the Root chakra while gently opening the Crown.  I use this oil either in an aroma lamp, in my bath, or directly on my skin.  Rosewood helps the regeneration of cells, therefore it is great to reduce wrinkles and heal skin abrasions and scar tissue.  As much as possible, ensure that your Rosewood oil comes from a sustainable forest, as this species is endangered.

An other way to enjoy aromatherapy, especially while travelling, is to make what I call a little "sniff jar" that I carry in my purse.  It's a small 1 oz jar that seals tightly.  I place a tissue in it, then a few drops of essential oils on the tissue.  When I need an extra boost or a reminder of the intention I am working on, I open my jar and breathe in the aroma.  (And of course I do this in private! LOL!)   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment