Here are the rules we covered so far that can make a big difference in your Intuitive Readings using your pendulum, Oracle cards, and any other spiritual tool:
This week’s topic is so important: being aware of mind traps will help you increase the accuracy of your readings because this awareness will help you realize when your mind is controlling the session, and when real intuition is actually flowing.
What does it look like, when the mind is controlling the session? Here’s what I often see in my clients:
- They are obsessed with an outcome. Their mind has decided on a solution to their situation, and they are unwilling to let go of it - even if they are asking for intuitive validation. For instance, one client was so obsessed with validating that this person was “the one”, the soulmate, the twin flame… that she actually started stalking the object of her desire. Her mind interpreted any sign of life as a sign of destiny. Every action and interaction would serve to rationalize her obsession. The question of every session was, “Tell me that this is the one.” You see, when you keep asking the same question every day… it’s a sign that your mind is obsessed and not truly open to receiving intuitive insights. It just wants to be right with whatever solution it came up with.
- They ask the same question over and over again, or ask about the same possible outcome, to several psychic counsellors or using all their intuitive tools: this is also a sign of mind obsession. You might think you want to gain clarity, but all this asking actually creates confusion and mind fog, and this mind fog can keep you from taking a step in the direction of your highest good. It’s like one of my students who wanted to know if she would get a specific job. She asked me for insights, then she asked her pendulum, then she read her own cards, then she asked someone else, the she asked her pendulum again… and became very frustrated that she couldn’t get a clear answer. She became obsessed with asking her intuition for “the definite answer”… and meanwhile forgot to take action steps such as following up with those who interviewed her, or staying open to other opportunities.
- They fall asleep or start daydreaming about a gazillion other things when trying to do intuitive work. This is usually a sign that the mind doesn’t want you to know what the real issue is all about, because it’s afraid of your reaction if you find out. Somehow deep inside, you want to protect yourself from an emotionally charged reaction, so your mind is using the old, “Look -squirrel!” method. I have students who tend to always fall asleep during specific meditations to uncover blocks; and we know that it’s not because they’re tired! I also have clients that start rambling about their children, or their mother, or this clutter in the home when I ask them about a specific block. The distractions keeps them from discovering their truth.
Can you relate to any of these mind traps? Here are a few tips to help you move beyond the mind to truly tap into your intuition.
- Assess why you want to gain intuitive insights in the first place: is it to validate a hunch? Because you’re curious? Because you want to know you’re right in doing what you do? Because using your intuitive tools makes you feel like you’re doing something… while actually avoiding taking real-world action toward your goal? Exercising discipline and doing some reflective work before reaching for your psychic tools can actually bring you a lot more insights and self-knowledge than a mind-driven session.
- Ask yourself if you really want to know the answer, even if it’s not what you expect. Do you feel that a different solution, perspective or approach would derail you? Then your mind is in the driver’s seat - it’s up to you if you want to claim back your power.
- To prevent you from falling asleep, keep your eyes open when you dowse or meditate. Keep your body busy by dancing or walking while meditating, or do a cardio session before your intuition work.
- Practice discipline, and once you ask a question… wait before asking the same question again! If you feel you need to ask the same question several times a day, or week, or month… there are blocks to truth hidden in there. I can help you uncover them as you flex your self-confidence muscles.
I trust this series of articles on asking masterful questions has helped you increase the accuracy and depth of your personal readings. I so enjoy reading your emails and comments about your progress and “a-ha” moments!
Now, what I’d really love to know is if you’re interested in learning more about your intuition skills and about energy work. The Intuition Development Program starts in person on March 2nd, and it’s such a fantastic program I’m always excited to offer it! I’d love to teach it online as well, and I know that my intuition tells me it’s time to do so… I’d like to know if you’re interested in taking an online program with me, and what day of the week would work best for you. Could you send me an email or message me if you’re interested? Thanks!