Thursday, January 17, 2013

Transitioning job: lessons in self-love

It has been nearly four months now since I've made the biggest, most radical change in my life and went from a very stable corporate job to being self-employed. The most common questions I receive when I tell people about this transition are "How do you manage?" and "How did you do it - how did you come to being able to leave the corporate world?" These questions are mingled with small pangs of jealousy, sometime outrage and almost always disbelief. Many say that it's all fine for me, but they could never do the same thing. I have been judged by many - including myself - sometimes in a positive light, and sometimes from a very negative perspective. Many want to know my "secret".

I have been reflecting on all of this, and on my journey thus far. The big truth which has been revealed to me is that, bottom-line, it's all about self-love. There is no big secret, there is no esoteric strategy any guru can teach you, there is no amount of coaching that will do you any good unless you first commit to YOU: nothing will ever replace your commitment to yourself, and your active desire in manifesting your highest good. The single most courageous and difficult thing to do on your path to true happiness is to believe in your own worth and say "Yes" to you.

Everyone, I am certain, has at least an inkling of their soul purpose.  Although there are as many ways to manifest a soul purpose as there are individuals on this planet, the blockages appear to be similar and at the root of it all: lack of self-love.

Compare these statements, and feel the difference in the energy / the feelings they create in your body and in your mind:


  • I am a good person, and I support my family financially even though it means staying in a job I hate, in a job that does not bring me joy or fulfillment.  I can not leave this job because my world / my family will crumble if I do.
  • Because I love myself, I choose to do what I love, and love what I do.  I bring fun and happiness in my work.  I am free to uplift my Spirit and that of others in any context.  Because I love myself, I allow myself to set healthy boundaries, to respect them and to ensure that others respect them too.  Because I love myself, I can say no to situations and work arrangements that detract me from my soul purpose. 

  • I am stuck in this dead-end job, and there's nothing I can do about it.
  • Spirit is the true source of income, and spirit is everywhere.  I refuse to believe that there is nothing else out there for me.

  • I am not good enough, smart enough, special enough to manifest my heart's desire.
  • I AM good enough, smart enough and special enough to manifest my heart's desire.  Because I love myself, I choose to work a little everyday toward this joyful manifestation. 

How do these statements resonate with you?  Does the notion of being good enough and free to love what you do seem foreign to you, or available only to others and not you?  How does your mental chatter reflect your feelings of self-love?

As your intuitive coach and Reiki practitioner, I can help you define your soul purpose.  I can help you get to that place within you where you can truly start loving yourself.   I can help you remove blockages and learn your karma or life lessons that either support or hinder your purpose and ability to love yourself. When you truly love yourself, you stop being dependant on other people's approval and on their definition of who you are - you can actualize your own version of YOU, beautiful and radiant.

When you actively recognize your Soul Purpose, and when you have the courage to manifest it... that sun within you shines bright with joy, harmony and happiness.

You too can do what I did: reprogram your mental chatter and clear your emotions to truly and lovingly nurture your spirit.  You too can create the job of your dreams.  You too can leave an unhappy situation and joyfully co-create your life.

...but before we get there, you need to say YES to you.

I believe in you.  I believe in the beauty of your soul.  I believe in your strength.  I believe you are good enough, smart enough and special enough to live your dream.  Borrow some of my belief in you and sprinkle it like fairy dust on your path.

Blessings of joy and abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment