Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Lady of the Well

I have been writing much lately on lessons of self-love and self-acceptance; on raising one's spiritual vibration; and on clearing out harmful beliefs and patterns.  As I am writing and meditating on these topics, I am doing my own inner work.

For the past few days, I've been feeling a new call for transformation.  It's almost like now that I've cleared a certain amount of junk I need to build a new representation of myself, especially when it comes to my Light Work.  It feels like it is now time to really step into my power.  And the starting point appears to be the creation of my "alter ego", or goddess-self.   Here's my first attempt at giving her shape and form.  Introducing: the Lady of the Well.

I am modelling the Lady of the Well after the celtic goddess Brigid: healer, wordsmith, teacher and leader.  I am the keeper of the well - of what is sacred and necessary to sustain life.  Like Tolkien's elvish Queen Lady Galadriel, I invite people to peer in the darkness of the waters, to see below the surface and discover the truth and the undercurrents of the psyche.

My hair is long and curly.  My dress is ankle-length, empire waist and V-neck, and its colour is white with the slightest hint of light green, almost like the first light in the Spring.  I am wearing roman-style sandals.  I am wearing a ring with a serpent coiled on its face, shaping a spiral or labyrinth.  My cloak, gathered behind my back, resembles a pair of folded wings, white with a hint of gold.  My eyes have a changing quality: sometimes as deep as the well, other times airy and other times still fiery like lightning.

My domain is the forest.  I feel many trees around, although the well is close to a clearing.  Animals are frequent visitors, and I can converse with them.  My home is of raw natural material: stone and wood.  I tend gardens of flowers and vegetables.  The scent of fresh bread, herbs and fresh turned earth mingle joyously.  There is a wind chime singing softly in the breeze, hanging in a tree to the east.

I commune with energy, Source and Spirit every day.  Every chore and task is an invitation to active meditation.  I feel energized and at peace.  I feel calm and strong.  Even if a storm is brewing, I know I will not be uprooted; I know all is well; I know all will happen for the highest good - unless I let my ego get in the way.

I am creative, artistic, deeply spiritual and reflective.  I am strong, driven, assertive yet gentle, soft and flexible.  I have a lot of Love to share, yet it is not necessarily the physical type that people are accustomed to.

And as for people around me - it feels fairly deserted right now, with a few on the outskirts of the woods.  Now that they know the well is tended, I pray they will find their way to the well and visit for a while.  Or at least throw a flare up so that I know where to meet them so I can greet them in my domain?

When coming to the well or looking into my eyes, I feel that others might be scared of what they see, or they might not like at all what is reflected to them and become angered.  I must remember that what is reflected are aspects of their shadow selves, and are not descriptive of me.  And yet I must learn to shield the watered mirror until the appropriate time, until the person is strong enough to peer into its truth, so that I do not become an agent of troubled waters.  Likewise, when I do not like what is reflected to me when I peer in someone else, I must remember that it is a reflection of my own shadows and learn from that experience.   I  must become wise in my use of the mirror.

...And so I am no longer hiding behind the well.  I am shattering the pattern of making myself small and unimportant not to shock, overpower or anger others around me who would be afraid of me.  I have to be me, fully completely.  Being anonymous and small served me well in my old workplace, in my old life, in my old definition of who I was...  but I have grown and matured.  I am uncovering and accepting the gifts offered to me since my birth, and because I have learned through Shadow what it is like to neglect or refuse one's gifts, I plan to now fully nurture, support and grow them for myself, and help others do the same.

I am... the Lady of the Well.

How would you complete the picture of the Lady of the Well?

I invite you to take time and paint the picture of your own alter ego.  Have fun with the exercise, and share your thoughts on your own representation of your divine self - what are the sights, sounds, smells, textures and feelings surrounding you?  Write, paint, sculpt, doodle your musings.  It's empowering, you'll see! :)

Much Love and Light to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment