Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stirrings of Spring + an energy practice!

My playful puppy Maya.
Can you feel the stirrings of the new season?  If you have experienced sleepless, restless nights lately, if you have noticed your pets have been acting up and feeling restless (especially at night!), or if you feel unsettled and jittery in your mind and body - you are not alone!  This new season, in this new spiritual era, is bringing forth a renewal of energy at all levels.

In February, I felt very sleepy and my puppy and I had frequent naps together.  For the past week however, she has been more energetic and made sure I raised my energy level by "forcing" me to play with her.  And so have the cats - rediscovering toys they had put away under the couch for the winter and making sure I hear the bells and jingles through the night...  Even the birds are chirping outside with added vigour, and the migration has started.  I was delighted to wake up to the call of the white-throated sparrow!

Wake up, wake up!  The world is saying.  And with this energy shift, it's time to wake up and pick up our pace physically and metaphysically.  It's time to take more walks outdoors, maybe even lace up my running shoes and start that learn-to-run program once more?  I feel my creativity is surging, and I have to make sure I balance computer/writing time with meditation and exercise.  Thank goodness for my pet helpers who keep me active! ;)

Earth is buzzing with new energy, and we are called to channel this renewed Earth energy upwards, while anchoring even more Spirit energy on Earth.  To do this task, we have to prepare our bodies to receive, channel and transmute - otherwise we'll feel dizzy, sick and out of sorts.  So if you have flu-like symptoms but something tells you it's not the flu - first rest, then work on strengthening your body so it can handle a higher vibration.  I know that when I am initiated to a higher vibration, I often feel dizzy and nauseated...  and that has been the case this past week.  And so I commit to build up my body's energy.  It is, after all, the temple for my Spirit and as my Spirit is expanding and receiving more energy, I have to ensure my physical foundation is strong!

I love starting my mornings with the energy clearing and intention setting exercise I learned from Sonia Choquette last October.  This practice helps clear the throat chakra and enables whole-brain communication while preparing body-mind-soul to receive gifts of Spirit.  Here's what you do:


  1. Put on a happy, rhythmic song (I enjoy California Soul).  Inhale deeply, and as you exhale allow your rib cage to compress and let out a loud HA!  Do this for the entire song (about 3 minutes) and at the same time allow your body to move and flow without restrictions.  It's Spirit dancing!
  2. Belt out the song "I Can See Clearly Now" from Johnny Nash.  Move your body as you sing, and allow the song to set the intention for the day.  With practice, you will get to see clear signs of spirit throughout the day!
  3. Sit in meditation for approximately 10 minutes.  I listen to "Meditations" by George Raphael or "Devi Puja" by Prana & Krishna Das.  Rub your hands together to open your hand chakras.  Sit. Breathe.  Allow Spirit to shower you with Love, inside and out.  Just receive.
  4. My "bonuses" - I usually follow this practice with the Prayer of St. Francis (Sarah McLachlan); "Let It Be" by the Beatles, "I Feel Good" by James Brown; "Feeling Good" by Michael Bublé and "Calling All Angels" by Train.  The James Brown song really perks up my energy and I start moving and dancing again as I prepare breakfast -- and my morning coffee.
This whole practice (without my "bonuses") takes approximately 15 minutes.  I highly recommend it to you so you can feel aligned and clear.  Note that it takes approximately 30 days for the whole brain communication to rewire, so make this a daily practice.  Trust me, it will do wonders for your energy - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual!

With clear energy and renewed purpose, think of the seeds you want sprouting in your life this season.  Shower them with love and gratitude.  Have great expectations and you will see miracles unfold.

Much Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment