Monday, December 3, 2012

A Spoonful of Sugar...


Today, I go about my daily routine and my chores holding the intention of love in everything I do.  I move through my day with elegance, ease and determined grace.  I know that spiritual fulfillment doesn't necessarily come from doing great things, but rather from doing all the little and necessary and often boring tasks of life with great love.  This attitude of love in everything I do will develop and demonstrate spiritual maturity, as my inner spiritual self will be outwardly expressed gracefully.

When we feel ourselves rebelling against the routine aspect of everyday, viewing these mundane tasks as a roadblock preventing our spiritual development, it is important to know that this is when we are undergoing a time of intense personal transformation: the ego is being confronted by the Higher Self and the Divine to grow into wisdom.  This wisdom speaks of the one Rule: Love.

As inspiration, take "a spoonful of sugar" from Mary Poppins to help the medicine of everyday chores go down, and whistle while you work with Snow White.   ;)  (I hadn't seen these clips in a long time; they brought a smile to my day.)  And now, to the dishes I go *whistle, whistle, whistle...*  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment