Monday, August 18, 2014

Dancing the Heart Chakra

“Moving toward inner peace and understanding”

Since I started my journey with Chakradance TM nearly one year ago, the dance of the Heart Chakra remains one of my favourite. The dances of the Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus chakras are physical, at times choppy, and often uncomfortable as we connect to the body’s energies – and that’s no small task for spirit-workers and overthinkers! The dances of the Throat, Forehead and Crown are a connection to a higher wisdom, beyond the veil and they are absolutely fascinating. The dance of the Heart, the dance of Love… it’s centre. It’s the path to inner peace. It moves us to more self-love and self-understanding.

Every time I teach the Chakradance TM Awakenings 9-week cycle, I am amazed at the transformation I see in my students. Their eyes glow a little more. The muscles in their jaws, neck and shoulders show less tension. Their breathing becomes slower and deeper instead of the shallow anxious breathing they’re used to. They linger after class, wanting to sit in this energy just a bit longer. They want to talk just a bit more. There’s a change happening within that they can’t quite put their finger on yet; it’s just at the cusp of manifestation and they want to slow down, wait and watch for it to happen. They know they’re just about to find something they have been looking for, and they’ve been searching a long time…

What is waiting for them? Their authentic self. It’s been there all along, but was buried under that mound of “shoulds” and “ifs” and “whens”. It’s been buried under social and personal expectations. It’s been set aside due to a drive to “do” and perform instead of living the enchantment of “being”. With the dance of Love, this hidden part of the self is lifting that corner of the cozy blanket it’s been hiding under, looking at you with a mischievous but happy smile, saying, “Here I am! You’ve been looking for me? I was here all along!”

When I first danced the Heart Chakra, I saw myself as a ballerina – that was my happy place when I was 7 years old up until my teen years. I was on stage doing pliés, ronds de jambe, pas de chats… nothing complicated but I was thoroughly enjoying being fully present in my dance and remembering how to smile from the inside out. I love how I have been able to reconnect with that part of me, and I am thrilled to see how this connection, this remembrance has opened up doors for me which I didn’t even know existed – or which I had forgotten.

It is so easy to forget who we are at our core. It is so easy to get swept away under the weight of family needs, work, and community responsibilities. This is your invitation to reconnect with that part of you that has been dormant for a while. The creative, sensitive and very wise part of you. The one who loves you unconditionally. The one that makes your soul sing. The one who sees the miracles and magic of everyday life.

Are you ready to lift the corner of that blanket and see what’s been hiding under your nose all these years? Are you ready to love yourself more and move toward inner peace?

Join me in Brossard this weekend for a full weekend dedicated to the Heart Chakra.  My colleagues and I are here to facilitate and ease your journey.  There's no where else where you can find this combination of yoga, meditation, Reiki and Chakradance.  This will be an uplifting and transformative journey, and we are looking forward to it!

Sending you blessings of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment