Thursday, April 21, 2011

Doing what's just in front of me now...

Do you feel you're called to be a better person?  Bigger than you are now?  Do people say to you, "You have such great talent (in this or that); you should really do something about it and share it with the world!"  And then, how do you feel?  Is that talent still appealing to you, or has it become scary and you would rather bury it?

I have tried to bury some of my talents for many years, especially the most creative and spiritual ones for fear of rejection, but always my conscience reminds me of The Parable of the Bags of Gold.  So I try to dust off my talents and at least put them in the bank for interest...  I have realized recently that I may also fear abundance.  I am trying to reconcile the idea that God wants us to be abundant, yet the Church has taught us to be poor, unlearned and afraid of worldly goods and responsibilities.  What is a girl to do??

Naming the fears is the first step; now I can work on releasing them and replacing them with the Peace, Love, Harmony and Abundance that is desired for me as a child of this beautiful Earth.  John Randolph Price's The Abundance Book is a good resource helping me shatter those old thinking patterns which no longer (have never) serve me.

But the one thing which has helped me the most recently is a simple sentence from Louise Hay's movie You Can Heal Your Life.  Louise, emerging from very humble beginnings to being a most outstanding octogenarian respected and sought all over the world has a very simple way of approaching all the work she does.  She says, "I always do what is just in front of me now."  Meaning that she does not worry about the future or how things will unfold.  She puts her trust in God/Spirit/Creator and does not try to control all the steps and the outcome.  She trusts that she is given exactly what needs to be done and what she can handle at one time, and that the next step will be revealed in due time.  She trusts that she will receive the help and guidance she requires just in time.

And so I have decided to do just that: stop worrying and instead place my trust in God.  Everything will unfold as it should, according to God's plan for me (if I allow to happen - I have free will - and I choose to let it happen).  The details about the future will sort themselves out for my highest good.  I am abundant, and I am worthy of abundance.  By being abundant and joyful, I am a good reflection of God's love for me. (These remind me of the Reiki principles; I shall write about them soon.)  I'm starting to get the hang of positive affirmations! ;)

And the work in front of me now is to study this wonderful topic of metaphysics, experience what it means and feel to me, and share my findings and questions in this blog.  And I do it gladly.

Who knows; it may form the outline of my first book -- but I will not worry about that now.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment