Monday, November 17, 2014

A fresh perspective brings fun and joy












I am feeling such joy to be host-mother to a teen girl who arrived from Australia last week. Today, she is experiencing snowfall for the first time. I am smiling from ear-to-ear thinking of her "oohs" and "aahs" and "it's soooo pretty!". She tasted a snowflake on her tongue and felt proud of it. She threw her first snowball. She is taking lots of pictures to send back home, where they're currently experiencing the hot days of summer. She is thrilled with the snow, and her joy is contagious.

Like many in this region, I often tend to welcome this cold season with resignation and a "you again! Grrr..." I might comment on how early it gets dark and how cold are my feet or how annoying it is to remove snow from the car when we're in a hurry to leave.

But not today. Today, I'm smiling and feeling cheerful. It's like I'm experiencing the beauty of snow and winter once again thanks to our guest's fresh perspective. I actually feel like spending some time in the snow today, then warm up with a blanket near the fire drinking a hot chocolate. I remember how fun winter used to be when I was a child. I remember the snow forts I built with my sisters. I remember the toboggan rides with my parents. I remember the pyjamas warmed up in the dryer just before bedtime so we felt all cozy.

I am so grateful for this fresh perspective today! My energy is up and bubbly!

In chakra work, it is said that the Inner Child sits at the Sacral Chakra. One of the functions of the Sacral Chakra is creativity, joy and zest for life. This week, if you feel stuck in a rut or if you're trying to solve an issue at work, ask a child how they would solve the situation. Or treat yourself to a hot chocolate (or other childhood treat) and place a hand just below your belly button as you reconnect to who you were as a child. Remember your curiosity, remember your creativity, remember how you would put things or concepts together that defied grown-up logic. It won't take long that you'll find an answer to your situation if you look at it with fresh eyes. The best part is that you might enjoy the process of looking for the solution, and you'll feel more cheerful and uplifted too!

From the weather to a work problem - what are you willing to see with fresh eyes today?

Do you need help getting started? I'll be your sounding board and help you find a fresh perspective on an issue you've been mulling over: click here to make an appointment in-person, by phone, or via Skype. It's my treat!

Sending you blessings of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment