Thursday, September 6, 2012

Of death, dying, and living again

Today I closed my eyes and let my fingers pick a book for me, with the intention of receiving a "message".  The book was Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose by Sonia Choquette.  I closed my eyes again and asked to find a page with a special meaning for me, a next step I must take on this journey especially as I transition to a full-time Light Worker role.

My message?  Soul Lesson:  to accept death.  Soul Purpose:  to live without fear...

The suggested actions:

  • to discuss with others the cycles of my life that are coming to an end, and the new ones beginning and the good they bring
  • to talk openly about death, reincarnation, my own past lives and that of others
  • to share positive death or near-death experiences I've had
  • to pray that the veil between this plane and the next keeps thinning to reveal to me my own immortal nature
Could it be any more accurate for me at this time?  I do admit I am very afraid of this transition from a work with a very good and steady paycheque to work done out of Love and passion, but with unknown revenue...  Yet my soul is so happy and dances joyfully, and my creativity for my new projects (and there are many!) is just soaring!  

I've been feeling, especially since last January, that a huge cycle was finishing for me - even before my head had decided to take the plunge and make the shift.  During many Reiki sessions (where I was the client) I felt that my body was lying in a coffin, yet it wasn't a sad death and didn't feel like an impeding physical death.  It really felt like a part of me was dying.  I felt completely surrounding with Love and by various entities working on my etheric body - reprogramming, reenergizing, rewiring...  so that finally my higher soul felt better connected to the current physical manifestation of myself and started integrating this body more fully.

The ego, however, is used to vibrating at the speed of fear, anger and frustration.  It does not know what to do with the higher vibrations of Love and Joy.  It feels its control slipping away.  It feels its familiar surroundings dissipating and the big protective boundaries dismantling.  It is a challenging time!  What I am learning through all this, is increased love and compassion for myself.  It doesn't work to say, "bad ego!  Just let go and let my spirit soar!" -- because then I am reacting to the fear by using the same vibrational level which just enhances and feeds it.  Although more difficult, what works best is to talk to myself gently, and say "Dear ego, I understand now what all those protective barriers have been erected in my past.  You did a great job protecting me when I was more vulnerable with your great capacity of flight or fight.  But now, I am stronger.  I am wiser.  I know I am surrounded with Love and loving beings.  I am sending infinite and unconditional Love to you.  I am feeling the fear, and I am thankful for it, for it reminds how great is the leap of faith I am taking.  And from now on, we have to work as partners to build the new me, ready to soar to greater heights.  You are an integral part of me, and I am not letting you go; just switching the level we operate at, OK?"

...and slowly, very slowly, I am building a new relationship with myself.  I believe more and more that I am not alone but surrounded by loving beings in this plane and the unseen ones.  I call upon my guides and angels to guide me in this journey, and I call upon earlier incarnations of myself that may have strengths I can draw upon in this current manifestation.

These small deaths to the self can be quite a roller-coaster ride, but there is so much to learn, and such joy in living again - more fully, more aware, more wise.  

Here's a song I find myself humming frequently lately - I can't find the English version but this version is one I fondly remember from my childhood.  My parents had sung this beautifully at one of the first funerals I ever attended.  It's based on Jesus' last words on the cross "In your hands Lord, I commit my spirit" and tells that if the grain of wheat doesn't die to itself in the earth, it will not grow and bear fruit.  
Entre tes mains je remets Seigneur mon esprit, by John Littleton.

In this time of transition, felt on a planetary scale, I wish you all happy and joyful small deaths to yourselves, so that you may find peace, grow wiser and bear fruit with the joyful expression of the talents you have been gifted.


No comments:

Post a Comment