Friday, August 10, 2012

Crystal Work for the Throat Chakra

Here's a short list of crystals that can help you balance your Throat Chakra.  Notice that most of these are blue, in the hue of the Chakra.


  • Blue Topaz:  can assist you for deeper spiritual work, sacred singing or oral presentations.  Blue Topaz directs energy and helps align your body's meridians.
  • Yellow Topaz: helps strengthen the nervous system and bring hypothyroidism into balance.
  • Sapphire: calms an overactive Throat Chakra when worn as jewelry around the neck.  Make a gem elixir with a sapphire, and drink it slowly.  Add a few rose quartz to the gem elixir to enhance the energy of Love and Compassion to this Chakra.
  • Turquoise: helps enhance the clarity of your intentions and offers protection.  It is said also to protect against and neutralize radiation.
  • Chrysocolla: dispels fears that may prevent you from expressing your Truth in a loving way.  It helps align and balance all chakras, using the Throat Chakra as the bridge between the higher and lower chakras. 
Before using the crystals for healing work, remember to cleanse and bless the crystals.  There are many ceremonies for this, some more complex than others; some requiring sea salt, incense, or moonlight.  Do what intuitively feels right for you.  I like to hold the crystal in the palm of my left hand as I close my eyes and ask it if it wants to work with me for (and I name my healing intention).  I still my mind and listen to the cues in my body and sixth senses.  I typically feel a loving pulse coming from the crystal when it is willing and ready to work with me.  Only once have I felt a strong stabbing in the palm of my hand.  It hurt so much that I almost dropped the crystal.  I hope I remembered to thank it anyway for communicating with me before I placed it back on its shelf.

Remember to thank and bless the crystal when you are finished working with it.  Again, you can run it through incense smoke, place it in a small bowl of sea salt or on a shelf where moonlight will reach it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment