Friday, July 20, 2012

How do you speak to yourself?

What is your typical mental dialogue with yourself?  Does it run along the lines of: "I'm not good enough, not skinny enough, not lovable, miserable, stupid...  Why did I do that? Think that?  I'm so worthless.  Nothing do can succeed; I am doomed to poverty and misery...  I am so alone in this world feeling this way..."

Even reading such lines - how does it make you feel?  Do you feel joyful and connected to all life, or do you feel rejected and apart from the good life?  Be in this moment for at least three breaths as you reflect on how you speak to yourself...  Really notice how you feel, and where are the aches and pains in your body as examine these feelings...  Breathe...

Most people who hold such negative self-talk will feel a burning or stinging in their throat; they may find they miss a note when they sing or their voice gives way or crackles as they talk out loud.  They likely have recurring ear, nose, throat and respiratory ailments.  Over time, the sourness or burning in the throat will descend into the heart and lungs, as if the whole body is being contaminated by the negative thoughts.  Depression may settle in as the connection between Source and the heart thins out and the thought that they are unworthy of divine attention becomes prominent.

The words we choose influence our emotions.  Our words, and the emotions we choose to create for ourselves, influence how connected we feel to something greater than ourselves.  We co-create our world with our words, as our words both reflect back the energy we send out to the world AND they plant the seeds of the fruits we will harvest.

The Throat Chakra is the place from where we can speak or sing our love for ourselves, our partner, our world, our Source.  It's also the place from where we can use our voice to speak words that hurt or slander, speaking words that harm and destroy.  Know that energetically, the Throat Chakra can not work properly when we choose negative self-talk and negative narrative of our world.  Our whole system, therefore, will not continue to receive sustenance from the sacred ether unless we make the effort to choose our words and thoughts wisely, aligned with Love.

What would change in our inner world if we would say to ourselves:

  • I am a divine child of God, and I am loved unconditionally exactly how I am
  • I am worthy of love
  • I love myself unconditionally
  • I am beautiful
  • I am capable
  • I am resourceful, and I am empowered to work towards my dreams
  • I am part of the divine plan 

What would change in our outer world if we spoke these beliefs:
  • I live in a beautiful, wonderful world
  • I feel safe
  • I am surrounded by wonderful people and gifts of Nature
  • When I take time to honour Nature and take care of people, pets and places on a small scale, it has a ripple effect in sending Love out to people, animals and the environment on a large scale.
  • Life is beautiful, and full of opportunities
Are you ready for this positive talk experiment?  Try it, and notice how you feel in your mind, emotions and body.  I invite you to share your experience with at least one person in your community, or in a comment to this post, or with me in a private appointment.  

Peace and Joy to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment