Thursday, December 3, 2015

Rule #3 for asking masterful intuitive questions

I love the feedback I am receiving from the last two articles - I’m glad that the Rules for mastering Intuitive Readings are useful to you!  Keep sending your comments and questions; they help keep me motivated to write more.  Sometimes, I feel I’m writing to roomful of crickets which is the downside to online business, lol.  Might be part of my ego-mind, but I like feeling that I’m making a difference, don’t you?  So on that note, here are the rules that can make a big difference in your Intuitive Readings using your pendulum, Oracle cards, and any other spiritual tool:



Are you ready for Rule #3?  Here's the scoop:


The mind is the servant

Meditate with this quote, attributed to Albert Einstein: “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant.  We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift.”



Are you ready to remember your gift?  My guess is that you are, since you're here reading this message.  But like many, you might have an internal struggle going on, because you might believe that putting the rational mind back in the service of your imagination and intuition means that you have to have a blank mind when you meditate, or worse, to give up on logic to become spiritual.  Fear not, for this is not true!

The ideal relationship between gift and servant is one of cooperation and mutual support, where each one draws on the strength of the other.  The intuitive mind can not do its work when it is overly controlled by logic.  The rational mind can not help you come to grounded and useful conclusions if it is governed by flights of fancy from pure dreaming or channelling energy.  They both work together to gather information from the spiritual and the physical worlds, so you can remain balanced, calm, and a manifestor extraordinaire!

When I meditate, I like to take a walk, or garden, or even do the dishes.  I find that when my rational mind is busy with a repetitive task, my intuitive mind can more easily travel.  Repetitive tasks can become very refreshing and insightful!

I tell my clients to give a name to their ego or thinking brains, because it helps to gain perspective and to find more creative solutions.  When the rational mind pops in with the grocery list, or fear-based thoughts, or that whole list of to-dos…  I simply say, “Thank you Professor Thinks-A-Lot, for alerting me to this issue.  Now, please take your clipboard and inventory all the good reasons and methods to bring me to my objective.”  Try it, and let me know how this works for you!

How does this apply to your Intuitive Readings?  With these principles:

  • When you meditate or connect with your spiritual tool, your mind does not have to be perfectly calm. It has a job to do: to ask questions.  It becomes a private investigator uncovering the next right question to ask while your Higher Self and Spirit provide the answers.  (See Rule #2 to guide your question-finding quest)

  • The optimal state of mind for Intuitive work is relaxed, calm, but alert; it is NOT a deep meditative state.  You should be able to remain aware of your environment and remain focused even if the cats jumps on your lap, the dog barks at a squirrel, or your kid comes in with an after school question.  I’m speaking from experience, here! 

  • Remember that intuitive information is at all times driven by your intention.  Be aware of any agenda from your ego, or of the need to prove yourself right.  That will totally skew your results.  Also, because the voice of Spirit is softer than the voice of the ego, you’ll find that the mind will trump true intuitive insights if you are attached to the answer or the outcome.  

  • Before you start, ask yourself why you want to tap into your intuition.  If you’re doing the work only out of curiosity - because you want to know what dress you were wearing in a past life, or what might happen in a potential situation, or what someone else might be thinking of you…  then you’re not looking for wisdom.  You are devaluing your gift by using it as entertainment.  Exercise discipline, and train yourself to ask for practical information you can use in your daily life.



I’ll give you more tips on this Rule, focusing on mind traps, in my next article.  Until then, I am surrounding you in White Light and Divine Love.

Are you already seeing results and shifts in your Intuitive Readings by applying these Golden Rules?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment