Friday, June 29, 2012

Phoenix rising... about to take flight

As I contemplate this moment in time, I am like at a crossroads at a mountain pass. Looking back, I can see the valleys and the ridges; the swamps and the crystal clear brooks; the fields of flowers and the dark shadowy forests in which I have travelled. The journey has been arduous and I know, even as I contemplate and celebrate all that has been, that the journey is not complete. The journey ahead might be muddier; its gullies deeper; its mountains more difficult to climb... yet I smile. I know I am not alone walking on this path, taking this journey. Others have been here before clearing some of the path, as I will clear the path for those following me. I have limitless resources in the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical realms – except those limits I impose on myself. Going forward, I know I am more aware of my footings. I better understand the promptings of my guides. My light shines just a bit brighter than before. And I know that the next trials will involve my ability to keep my light shining from my inner centre of unconditional love, peace and harmony – whatever the journey brings my way.

And so I sit on a boulder at this crossroads on the mountain pass, and I contemplate how my life has changed since my first shaky steps on this path. I always knew I was guided to do something different. I allowed that strong spiritual urge in me to manifest itself... periodically, followed by periods of self-doubt and repressed self-expression to try and fit the norm. I feel now that I embody my thoughts and my feelings. The bridge between lower and higher selves has been built and is getting stronger every day. Now, I not only wish – I am. I not only think – I manifest. I not only hope – I have faith.

Allowing myself to truly become me and accepting and working with both the shadow and the light sides of me has been the greatest gift I have ever given myself. As I sit on this boulder, I give myself a hug. I embrace my Inner Child, who is teaching me how to co-create the life I want and still keep it fun. I embrace my serious self, the one who takes care of business and will always ensure that fun ideas and creations are manifested in the greatest way possible for the highest good of all. I embrace my spiritual self which in turn embraces the world as one and teaches me about the interrelationship of all. I am uplifted by the knowledge and deep feeling and understanding that we are all facets of the One, manifested in our own unique way.

As I sit here, I am still gathering up courage and strength to continue on my journey of authenticity, like the Monarch allowing its wings to fully unfurl and dry before its first flight. I take this time to truly tune in to my true north. Having transformed, I know I can not go back. I do not want to go back to my previous form.

As I look to the paths ahead, rising and falling through gentle mists, I wonder how I’ll keep up the faith and the courage to continue. Then I remember that truly being me is the best I can do for myself and others. I remember those around me who have been celebrating my uniqueness even before I acknowledged it. I remember the encouragements received so far – and they urge me to continue. I know that the feelings of isolation, rejection and fear of abandonment were illusions from a wounded ego. I’ve nursed that wound and calmed the ego. I might feel the scar every once in a while, but it will not be sufficient to stop me anymore.

I am me, and I celebrate the freedom of being me. Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment